GPB has just broadcast the second last live show of the Georgian Idol, this year’s national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest. The public has decided the results of today’s heat, with the last contestant eliminated. So, the line-up is complete for next week’s final.
At today’s show, the expert jury was also present to talk about the performances and give advice to the artists, but they didn’t have a say in the final outcome. The jury members of the 2019 Georgian Idol are:
- Natia Todua — Georgian-German singer, winner of the Voice of Germany and contestant at Germany’s national final in 2018
- Stephane Mgebrishvili — Georgian musician, she was part of the band that was going to represent Georgia in Eurovision 2009 before their disqualification
- Tinatin Berdzenishvili — Leader of media and communications at GPB, Georgia’s Public Broadcaster, she was one of the main organizers of Junior Eurovision 2017
- Zaza Shengelia — Producer and leader of Bravo Records, one of the main record labels in Georgia
With the votes of the viewers through SMS and Facebook Messenger, tonight’s results were as follows:
- Oto Nemsadze — finalist (27,23%)
- Giorgi Pruidze — finalist (14,35%)
- Nini Tsnobiladze — eliminated (13,73%)
- Liza Kalandadze — finalist (30,18%)
- Giorgi Nakashidze — finalist (14,51%)
Over the course of the next week, the four finalists will prepare the Eurovision songs selected by GPB in order to perform them at the final on the 2nd of March. The Georgian national final will feature original tracks sung by the finalists, so the public will select both the singer and song that will go to Tel Aviv.
Vaniko Tarkhnishvili and Ruska Makashvili are the hosts of the Georgian version of Idol. All performances, as well as the full shows, are available to watch on the official YouTube channel.