Eesti Laul will once again be the Estonian method for selecting an entry to Eurovision. Today, ERR released information about this year’s contest.
The published format will remain identical to last year, where 24 acts competed across two semi-finals.
The semi-finals will be held on 13th February and 15th February with six acts qualifying for the final from each semi-final.
Also as was the case last year – in the final, there will be two rounds of voting. The winning song in the final will be selected over two rounds of voting: the first round results selected the top three songs via the 50/50 combination of jury and public voting and the second round decided the winner from those three songs, televote only.
The submission window for Eesti Laul 2020 entries will be open from September 1st to November 6th. The 24 acts competing in the Estonian national final will be revealed no later than 15th November, with the entries being released no later than 1st December. This schedule is very similar to last year.
The full schedule for notable Eesti Laul dates is as follows:
- September 1st – submissions open
- November 6th – submissions close
- November 15th or earlier – 24 acts chosen as semi-finalists to be revealed
- December 1st or earlier – 24 entries released to public
- February 13th – first semi-final
- February 15th – second semi-final
- February 29th – Grand Final
Are you excited for another season of Eesti Laul? Let us know in the comments