HRT previously published the list of acts that will take part at the Croatian national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2020. Dora 2020 will be broadcast on February 29th live from Opatija.
HRT recently revealed that a total of 181 songs were received for Dora 2020 and that the expert jury was made up of Golden Turkalj (HRT), Zeljko Barba (Croatian society of composer), Tomislav mrduljaš (Croatian composer), Ivan Vrdoljak (Croatian composer), Ivan Vrdoljak (HGU) and Tomislav štengl (HRT).
From all the submissions received, a professional panel selected 16 finalists and a reserve set made up of three entries:
- Marin Jurić Čivro – Naivno
- Elis Lovrić – Jušto
- Edi Abazi – Coming home
- Mia Negovetić – When it Comes to You
- Colonia – Zidina
- Zdenka Kovačiček – Love, Love, Love
- Lorenzo feat Dino Purić & Reper iz sobe – Vrati se iz Irske
- Jure Brkljača – Hajde nazovi me!
- Damir Kedžo – Divlji vjetre
- Lorena Bućan – Drowning
- Alen Vitasović & B. Matija Čerina – Da se ne zatare
- Aklea Neon – Zovi ju mama
- Indira – You Will Never Break My Heart
- Nikola Marjanović – Let’s forgive
- Đana – One
- Bojan Jambrošić – Više od riječi
It is likely that we will not get a chance to hear the songs until shortly before the event on February 29th as was the case last year and HRT have not indicated any changes.
For the second year in a row, the broadcaster will select their next Eurovision entry from Dora. Roko represented Croatia in Tel Aviv after winning the 2019 edition with the song ‘The Dream’, composed by the 2017 representative Jacques Houdek. Unfortunately, he didn’t manage to make it through the semifinal.