Today the expert jury who reviewed the submissions received for the Croatian national final, Dora held a web conference to deliver the results of their deliberation.
A total of 16 entries, as well as two back-ups, have been shortlisted by an appointed jury committee, which consists of music experts, singers experienced in Eurovision, representatives of the Croatian Music Union (HGU), and the Croatian Society of Composers (HDS).
With the participation of 16 acts, the Dora 2019 finale will be held on the 16th of February. Both the public and the expert jury will have their say on the competition’s outcome.
The finalists and their songs are as follows:
- ALL I REALLY WANT (E. Lovrić – E. Lovrić – E. Lovrić/O.Dešić) – ELIS LOVRIĆ
- AMORERO BRUTALERO (B. Mihaljević – M. Mihaljević – B. Mihaljević) – LUKA NIŽETIĆ
- BACK TO THE SWING (T. Hrelec – T. Hrelec – T. Hrelec) – GELATO SISTERS
- BROD BEZ IMENA (E. Botrić/M. Šimac – M. Šimac – E. Botrić) – 4 TENORA
- DON’T GIVE UP (P. Martinjak – P. Martinjak/M. Johansson – P. Martinjak) – BETA SUDAR
- I BELIEVE IN TRUE LOVE (D. Rapotec Ute – T. Bon/B. Brunović – D. Rapotec Ute) – BERNARDA BRUNO
- INDIGO (T. Huljić – V. Huljić – L. Škaro/T. Huljić) – DOMENIKA
- IN THE SHADOWS (M. Matijević Sekul/M. Kolarić/B. Kolarić – M.Kolarić/M. Matijević Sekul/B. Kolarić – M. Matijević Sekul) – MANNTRA
- NE POSTOJIM KAD NISI TU (M.D. Rus – M.D. Rus – M.D. Rus/M. Blum) – JURE BRKLJAČA
- REDEMPTION (A. Björkman/A. Pupavac/K. Persson/E. Gagro – A. Pupavac – A. Björkman/A. Pupavac/K. Persson/E. Gagro) – EMA GAGRO
- TEBI PRIPADAM (I. Ivanović/M. Vojvodić – I. Ivanović/M. Vojvodić – I. Ivanović/M. Vojvodić) – LEA MIJATOVIĆ
- TEK JE POČELO (D. Dumančić – Fayo – B. Đurđević) – LIDIJA BAČIĆ LILLE
- TELL ME (J. Bosančić – J. Bosančić – J. Bosančić/A. Devčić/H. Domazet) – JELENA BOSANČIĆ
- TOWER OF BABYLON (T. Huljić – V. Huljić/I. Huljić –L. Škaro/T. Huljić) – LORENA BUĆAN
- THE DREAM (J. Houdek – J. Houdek/C. Mason/A. Čubrić – I. Škunca/F. Gjud) – ROKO BLAŽEVIĆ
- VRIJEME PREDAJE (A.T. Eterović – L. Čeči Baksa – A.T. Eterović) – BOJAN JAMBROŠIĆ i DANIJELA PINTARIĆ
The two back-up acts are:
- DON’T SAY YOU LOVE ME (S.S. Skansi – S.S. Skansi/A. Šerić – S.S. Skansi) – TONKA
- NISAM TO ŠTO ŽELE (K. Verson – K. Verson – S. Pasarić) – KIM VERSON
Dora was launched in 1993 to select Croatia’s first Eurovision entry as an independent nation. The national final was used consistently from 1993 to 2011. Last year, Franka was chosen internally to bring her song, ‘Crazy’ to Lisbon. Franka failed to qualify for the grand final and Croatia could be looking to the Dora contest to find a song that can get them back to the final.