Upcoming weekend the capital of the Netherlands has a Eurovision-themed weekend as several Eurovision events will take place in Amsterdam, and ESCplus will of course be present by all of them.
April 8th 2022
On April 8th 2022 the special Eurovision event “Amsterdam Calling” will take place. The last three years this event was cancelled, also because of the COVID-19 pandemic that swept the world. This weekend, this Eurovision party returns in the venue “Melkweg” in Amsterdam.
During this event there are also international Eurovision stars that are going to perform. This year’s line-up:
- Krista Siegfrids, who represented Finland in the contest of 2013 with the song “Marry Me”. Krista is the host of this year’s event.
- Sunstroke Project, who represented Moldova in the contests of 2010 with “Run Away” and 2017 with “Hey Mamma”.
- Selma, who represented Iceland in the contest of 1999 with “All Out of Luck” and in 2005 with “If I Had Your Love”.
- Friðrik Omar, who represented Iceland twice, once with the duo Euroband and the song “This Is My Life”, and as a back-up singer for the Icelandic entrant Yohanna when she sang the song “Is It True”
- Kejsi Tola, who represented Albania in 2008 with the song “Carry Me In Your Dreams”.
- Maggy McNeal, who represented the Netherlands on multiple occasions in the contest; in 1974 as a duo with Mouth of McNeal and their song “I See a Star”, and in 1980 with the song “Amsterdam”.
- Anne Sahlene, who represented Estonia in the contest of 2002 with the song “Runaway”.
Venue: Melkweg, Amsterdam
Time: 21:00 CET (09:00 PM)
Eurovision in Concert
April 9th 2022
On April 9th the biggest annual live preview show of the Eurovision Song Contest takes place in the AFAS Live in Amsterdam, the name of the event is of course “Eurovision in Concert”. This is also the place where most Eurovision entrants of a specific year all meet each for the first time. All entrants also perform live during a grand concert where Eurovision fans can get a full-blown preview of most Eurovision songs of that specific year.
Below you can find a list of the 2022 Eurovision artists that will be present:
- Denmark: Reddi – The Show
- Moldova: Zdob și Zdub & Frații Advahov – Treneletul
- Slovenia: LPS – Disko
- Sweden: Cornelia Jakobs – Hold Me Close
- France: Alvan & Ahez – Fulenn
- Armenia: Rosa-Linn – Snap
- Norway: Subwoolfer – Give That Wolf A Banana
- Iceland: Systur – Með Hækkandi Sól
- Germany: Malik Harris – Rockstars
- Austria: DJ Lum!x feat. Pia Maria – Halo
- Estonia: Stefan – Hope
- United Kingdom: Sam Ryder – Space Man
- Montenegro: Vladana – Breathe
- Latvia: Citi Zeni – Eat Your Salad
- Czech Republic: We Are Domi – Lights Off
- Romania: WRS – Llamamé
- Spain: Chanel – SloMo
- Finland: The Rasmus – Jezebel
- Croatia: Mia Dimsic – Guilty Pleasure
- Malta: Emma Muscat – I Am What I Am
- Lithuania: Monika Liu – Sentimentai
- Poland: Ochman – River
- The Netherlands: S10 – De Diepte
- Bulgaria: Intelligent Music Project – Intention
- Ireland: Brooke – That’s Rich
- Belgium: Jérémie Makiese – Miss You
- Albania: Ronela Hajati – Sekret
Special support acts
- Maggie McNeal: The Netherlands, 1974, I See a Star and 1980, Amsterdam
- Linda Wagenmakers: The Netherlands, 2000, No Goodbyes
- Getty Kaspers of Teach-inn: The Netherlands, 1975, Ding-a-Dong
- Marga Bult: The Netherlands, 1987, Rechtop In de Wind
- Loreen: Sweden, 2012, Euphoria
Venue: AFAS Life, Amsterdam
Time: 20:00 CET (08:00 PM)
Eurovision in concert: The After-party
April 9th 2022
After Eurovision in Concert is done at approx. 23:00 CET (11:00 PM) the party continues in Bar Blend in the famous gay street of Amsterdam, the Reguliersdwarsstraat. Bar Blend organizes a Blend XL Party that is Eurovision-themed. Be a Dancing Queen at your own Waterloo, and make you heart go Ding-a-Dong because of all the Euphoria at Bar Blend in Amsterdam, and if you don’t want to…well…That’s Rich! (puns intended!)
Tickets: No ticket needed! Free entrance!
Venue: Bar Blend, Reguliersdwarsstraat 41
Time: Starts at 23:00 CET (11:00 PM), but doors are open at 19:00 CET (07:00 PM)