They are not afraid of making mistakes!
German broadcaster NDR is ready to pick who is going to fly the German flag in Eurovision 2018. For the occasion the public channel in Germany has selected 6 acts who will battle it out at “Unser Lied Für Lissabon”, taking place tonight live from Studio Berlin Adlershof in Berlin.
All 6 entries were selected following a three-day song-writing camp which was held in Berlin where up to 15 composers, producers, and record labels worked along with the finalists to write original songs. This process was adopted after NDR decided to uplift the ESC spirit in the country as well as trying to improve their last results in the competition which has seen Germany not further than achieving bottom 5 since 2015.
The line-up where the artist representing Germany is still hidden looks as follows:
- Xavier Darcy: “Jonah” (Music and lyrics: Xavier Darcy, Loren Nine Geerts, Axel Ehnström, Thomas Stengaard)
- Ivy Quainoo: “House On Fire” (Music and lyrics: Jörgen Elofsson and Ali Tamposi)
- Ryk: “You and I” (Music and lyrics: Rick Jurthe)
- Michael Schulte: “You Let Me Walk Alone” (Music and lyrics: Michael Schulte, Thomas Stengaard, Nisse Ingwersen, Nina Müller)
- Natia Todua: “My Own Way” (Music and lyrics: Loren Nine Geerts, Ricardo Bettiol, Martin Gallop, Jaro Omar)
- voXXclub: “I mog Di so” (Music: Merty Bert, Mike Busse, Philipp Klemz, Lennard Oestmann. Lyrics: Joe Walter, Philipp Klemz, Martin Simma, Merty Bert, Mike Busse)
The winner will be decided by the mixing up the votes from the German audience and the outcome of an international jury panel made up of nineteen experts that have been members of the national juries of their own countries in the past, alongside a one hundred-member Eurovision panel. Find below the names of the European experts helping out on trying to make up the best decision that could bring the nation some glory in the contest:
- Sweden: Filip Adamo
- Iceland: Einar Bardarson
- Belgium: Typh Barrow
- France: Bruno Berberes
- Norway: Margaret Berger
- Cyprus: Argyro Christodoulidou
- United: Kingdom Mark De Lisser
- Sweden: Henrik Johnsson
- Lithuania: Rafailas Karpis
- Slovenia: Tinkara Kovač
- Sweden: Maria Eva Lundin (Maria Marcus)
- Romania: Anca Lupes
- Netherlands: Florent Luyckx
- Armenia: Gore Melian
- Sweden: Rennie Mirro
- Iceland: Helga Möller
- Spain: Ruth Lorenzo Pascual
- Germany: Sascha Reimann (Ferris MC)
- Poland: Grzegorz Urban
‘Unser Lied für Lissabon’ will be developed jointly by Florian Wieder and Jens Bujar (Lodge of Levity), and the voting experts of Digame mobile and Norddeutscher Rundfunk (member station of ARD network). Director is Volker Weicker, commissioning editor Thomas Schreiber and Christoph Pellander. The show will be hosted by Linda Zervakis and Elton.
In addition to the competing performances, young German pop-star Mike Singer will sing his latest track “Deja Vu”.
You can find full information of the finalists and the selection process here.
Tune into “Unser Lied Für Lissabon” from 20:15 (CET) onwards on our multi-window platform and get ready to find out who is getting the ticket for Portugal.
Unser Lied für Lissabon 2018 - final
|Michael Schulte - You Let Me Walk Alone||825|
|Ryk - You and I||748|
|Ivy Quainoo - House on Fire||743|
|voXXclub - I mog Di so||708|
|Natia Todua - My Own Way||708|
|Xavier Darcy - Jonah||636|
Number of voters: 89