Swiss Broadcasting Corporation SRG SSR has just started calling for entries for their national final which will take place next February.
After several disappointing and failing attempts at the contest in previous years, not even making it to the final since 2014, the corporation has turned their previous format out by removing the respective selection processes from each local broadcaster and now it will all lie on the main one SRF (Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen) with the collaboration of the respective regional broadcasters RTS, RSI and RTR.
The deadline date for any artist/s and songwriters (which should have any connection to Switzerland-must hold a Swiss passport or be resident in Switzerland-) until any entry is accepted comes on the 24th of October. A panel made-up of 20 music professionals will selected the 20 entries that will make it to the ”Expert-Check” auditions on the 4th of December to evaluate their live skills and abilities on stage as it happens every year, but they will not be revealed at any point until the jury announces the final candidates. Then, a national final on the 5th of February will be held where the televoting will decide their favourite among 6-10 acts that will fight for the ticket to represent Switzerland in Kiev.
THE PLATFORM TO UPLOAD ENTRIES CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING HERE.
Check out below who the 20 professionals are:
- Gülsha Adilji – author and presenter
- Bettina Bendiner – Head of Department Entertainment 20 minutes
- Roman Camenzind – music producer
- Camille Destraz – music journalist
- Beppe Donadio – musician and journalist
- Freda Goodlett – Vocal Coach
- Michael Kinzer – Jury President Swiss Music Prize
- Pascal Künzi – General Manager Musikvertrieb
- Nicola Locarnini – Musicians
- François Pinard – Directeur Make Sense Production
- Simone Reich – Journalist Ringier Axel Springer AG Switzerland / TV magazines
- Jocelyn Rochat – Journaliste musical
- Oliver Rosa – Operators Swiss Music Awards and Artist Manager
- Peter Röthlisberger – Chief Editor View
- Yves Schifferle – Program Development SRF Entertainment
- Lina Selmani – editorship watson
- Dano Tamasy – SRF 3 Best Talent
- Christoph Trummer – President musical artists Switzerland
- Flavio Tuor – Responsabel Musica RTR
- Denise Vogel – Production Coordinator 360 ° Showproduction AG
- Sébastien Vuignier – Directeur TAKK Productions
Last year, Rykka represented the country with ”The Last Of Our Kind” coming last in the second semi-final, which was probably the fact that made the broadcaster change their mind on how to select an act for the contest. Do you think that was an unfair result or either the performance overall did not reach your expectations?