Today, November 17, a colloquium meeting was held at the RTVE Institute where the president of the broadcaster, José Manuel Pérez Tornero, had a talk with Vocational Training students of realization, production and sound of the RTVE Institute Center.
At the meeting, various topics have been discussed, such as the current and outdated audience measurement system, the importance of young people in the audiovisual and television world, as well as the detachment of young people towards the television world.
Among other questions, our ESCplus member José Ángel Leñero had the opportunity to ask RTVE’s president about Eurovision and Junior Eurovision. Regarding the Spanish presence at Junior Eurovision, he confirmed the continuity of the country in 2022 and future next editions of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest.
We are going to continue competing regularly in Junior Eurovision. We have never considered a withdrawal since our return. Matches that are not played are those that are not won!José Manuel Pérez Tornero, RTVE’s president
These were other most relevant headlines that RTVE’s president gave us about the Eurovision contests:
- Eurovision has several essential components, Europe, it is the first contest in the world, it is a way for the continent to express itself.
- I want to thank Generalitat Valenciana for its commitment, young European people are going to meet in Benidorm.
- Benidorm Fest is going to be an experimental laboratory, you have to try to work to achieve victory, the feats are achieved little by little.
- Music is a very powerful message, music programs are those that can be consumed in a European way.
Levi Díaz is the Spanish choice for jesc 2021
Levi Díaz will represent Spain in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 with the song “Reír”.
The 13-year-old Catalan singer born in Cornellá de Llobregat (Barcelona), popularized after his victory in the sixth edition of La Voz Kids, representing the Melendi team. During his time on the program he has had the opportunity to sing with singers of great recognition in the Spanish music scene, such as Pablo López, David Bisbal or Beret.
His musical style is defined as modern pop and his musical idol is Frank Sinatra. His motto was ‘never stop fighting for your dreams’, given that the artist tried to participate in the 2019 contest and failed to pass the auditions blindly. However, now he is the current winner of the latest edition of Musical Talent.
Spain at Junior Eurovision
In 2019 Spain returned to the European competition after 13 years of absence. This 2021 will be Spain’s seventh participation in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest, which TVE will face with a lot of energy to try to maintain the good record it achieved in their six previous participations.
• 2003: Sergio – ‘Desde el cielo’ -> Second position.
• 2004: María Isabel – ‘Antes muerta que sencilla’ -> First position.
• 2005: Antonio José – ‘Te traigo flores’ -> Second position.
• 2006: Dani Fernández – ‘Te doy mi voz’ -> Fourth position.
• 2019: Melani – ‘Marte’ -> Third position.
• 2020: Soleá – ‘Palante’ -> Third position
What do you think about Levi’s song for Junior Eurovision 2021? Will Spain win for the second time? Could Spain maintain the good results and do not leave the Top 4 as usual? Let’s us know in comments