SBS has announced officially that the next year’s representative for the Eurovision Song Contest will be selected from a national selection. This will be the first time Australia will choose its entry from an open call for songs. ‘Eurovision – Australia Decides’ will take place on February 8 and 9, hosted by presenter and music buff Myf Warhurst and comedian Joel Creasey.
Who is going to represent Australia at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019?
Geplaatst door SBS Australia op Zaterdag 13 oktober 2018
The Australian broadcaster has announced a call for songs for their brand new national selection format ‘Eurovision – Australia Decides’. SBS and production partner Blink TV, which have already collaborated for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest, will host the first ever Australian national selection series. ‘Eurovision – Australia Decides’ will be broadcast live on February 8th and 9th on the Gold Coast. A public voting and an expert panel will decide the song and performer that will follow Jessica Mauboy‘s footstep on the big stage in Tel-Aviv.
Composers from across Australia of all ages are invited to submit their original works until November 4. There are no restrictions on the number of songs each composer can send, published or unpublished. SBS will select the best ones and will assign them to the most famous Australian singers, who will compete in the live shows.
SBS has listed the following rules for the competing entries:
- Songs must be original works;
- Only tracks of a duration no longer than 3 minutes and a minimum of 2 minutes are allowed;
- The songs mustn’t have been made publicly available before September 1st, 2018;
- Audio tracks shall include vocals;
- Composers must be Australian citizens or Permanent Residents;
- Authors can be published or unpublished;
- Candidates must agree to grant all rights necessary for the song to be used in the Show and ESC, as well as to Terms & Conditions by submitting a song
The submission form can be found here.
What do you think about the brand new Australian national selection?