This morning, LTV confirmed the nine finalists that will be competing to represent Latvia at Eurovision in Rotterdam this coming May. They are:
- ANNNA – “Polyester”
- Bad Habits – “Sail With You”
- DRIKSNA – “Stay”
- Edgars Kreilis – “Tridymite”
- Katrīna Bindere – “I Will Break Your Heart”
- Katrīna Dimanta – “Heart Beats”
- Miks Dukurs – “I’m Falling For You”
- Samanta Tīna – “Still Breathing”
- Seleste – “Like Me”
These nine acts were chosen from the 26 entries that had made it to the audition round. The jury who selected these nine entries did consider how each of them was being received by the public since the release of all the auditions via YouTube – however, it was only one factor in the determination. As a result, fans may be surprised to notice that fan favorites such as Markus Riva and Madara have not made the finals stage.
Latvia has not made it to the grand final at Eurovision since 2016. Can one of these acts get them back? Let us know in the comments!