TG4 will broadcast tonight the third out of five shows set to pick the act who will wave the Irish flag at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2016.
The Irish speaker broadcaster is using the same selection procedure than last year, made up of four semi-finals and a national final to be aired on November 6. Remember that all the shows are being broadcast on delay as they were recorded last month.
Tonight’s show will feature another 8 acts, but only one of them will move forward to the national final joining Walter McCabe and Zena Donelly, qualifiers from previous semi-finals. The line-up for today looks as it follows:
- Éabha Sullivan from Inniscarra, Co. Cork
- Rachel Haughney from Carlow
- Ruben O’Mahony from Blackrock, Co. Dublin
- Rosalind Hayes from Naas, Co. Kildare
- Lillie Foley from Killarney, Co. Kerry
- Na Deirfiúracha Drumgoole from Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan
- Clióna Nic Dhomhnaill from Borris-in-Ossory, Co. Laois
- Disha Suresh Kumar from Bray, Co. Wicklow
Once again, an expert panel will be responsible for selecting the best voice and song that will compete in the final show. This year, the jury panel is a little bit different as the resident judges, Fiachna Ó Braonáin and Pauline Avalon, are joined each week by a guest judge from Ireland’s Eurovision past. Today, the guest jury member will be Sandie Jones, who represented Ireland at Eurovision 1972.
The show will be aired at 21:00 CET on TG4, you can watch it on-line by clicking HERE.