The semifinal of the Georgian national selection for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest has just been broadcast. Three performers have been selected to compete at the final of Ranina 2020, which will be aired pre-recorded.
After the auditions, which took place months ago, the Caucasian public broadcaster selected ten artists between the ages of 8 and 14 to compete in the children’s talent show that will decide who will represent Georgia at the 2020 Junior Eurovision Song Contest:
- Sesili Turmanidze (სესილი თურმანიძე) 10 years old
- Veronika Shamugia (ვერონიკა შამუგია) 12 years old
- Sandra Gadelia (სანდრა გადელია) 9 years old
- Rati Gelovani (რატი გელოვანი) 10 years old
- Gio Gogiashvili (გიო გოგიაშვილი) years old
- Marita Khvedelidze (მარიტა ხვედელიძე) 11 years old
- Nikoloz Maghradze (ნიკოლოზ მაღრაძე) 10 years old
- Shio Kavsadze (შიო კავსაძე) 10 years old
- Nia Khinchikashvili (ნია ხინჩიკაშვილი) 12 years old
- Lela Kveniashvili (ლელა კვენიაშვილი) 10 years old
The recordings of Ranina 2020 started at the beginning of the year and were later interrupted due to the Covid19 situation. The format consists of four rounds, each divided into two different shows. A total of five contestants reached the semifinals, but only three have gone through to the final.
At each gala, the jury panel, whose members have changed every week, gave each contestant different marks according to four skills rated during the participant’s performances: voice, acting, artistic and collaborative skills. In the end, there was a ranking based on the average of all four marks of each candidate.
After weeks of shows, the three finalists have been decided:
- Rati Gelovani
- Sandra Gadelia
- Marita Khvedelidze
One of them will be the lucky performer that will represent Georgia at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020. As all the episodes, including the final, were recorded a few months ago, the winner has already been working for a long time on the song and performance, but we won’t know the name until next week. The song is expected to be released soon after the final.