The second heat of the Irish national selection for this year’s Junior Eurovision has just finished and we have got the second name fighting for the ticket to Sofia in the grand final. The jury decided that Aimee Banks is making it through after a final ”sing-off” with Kelly Irwin.
Eight acts took part at tonight’s semi-final, they were: (qualifier in bold)
- Aimee Banks (13) – ”Réalta Na Mara” (FINALIST)
- Na Cork Rappers (11-13) – ”Is Maith Liom É”
- Ellie Power (14) – ”Mo Ghrá”
- Kelly Irwin (14) – “Fíor Chairde”
- Ashley Tubridy (13) – ”Múr Samhraidh”
- Ruby Buckley (13) – ”Síocháin”
- Ellie Quinlan (12) – Taisteal an Domhain
- Maude Adams (14) – ”Dubh ‘is Gorm”
With two remaining semi-finals, the line-up for the final looks as it follows:
Do you agree with the jury? Are you happy with the song that made it to the final?
Stay tuned to ESC+Plus.com and the journey of Ireland through the contest at their début this year in Sofia.