Today the second show of the Italian music festival will be held live from Sanremo’s Ariston Theatre. A total of 22 acts of the Campioni category are competing at this year’s edition of Sanremo aimed to get the trophy and consequently have the chance to represent Italy at Eurovision 2017.
Remember that there are two categories at Sanremo, Campioni and Nuove Proposte (New Singers). Once again, the artist who wins the Campioni category of Sanremo 2017 will get the right to represent Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest. Last year Stadio won this festival category, but their choice was not to present their song to the wider European audience in Stockholm due to touring commitments. Instead, the runner-up Francesca Michielin was chosen to perform at Eurovision with her song “No Degree Of Separation”.
These are the 11 artists taking the stage at today’s show:
- Bianca Atzei – Ora esisti solo tu
- Chiara – Nessun posto è casa mi
- Francesco Gabbani – Occidentali’s karma
- Gigi D’Alessio – La prima stella
- Marco Masini – Spostato di un secondo
- Michele Bravi – Il diario degli errori
- Michele Zarrillo – Mani nelle mani
- Nesli feat. Alice Paba – Do retta a te
- Paola Turci – Fatti bella per te
- Raige feat. Giulia Luzi – Togliamoci la voglia
- Sergio Sylvestre – Con te
This year the voting procedure is different from previous editions. Today eight candidates will go through to the 4th show that will be held on Friday, while the remaining three acts will be given a second chance at the 3rd night show, something similar to the Swedish Andra Chansen. The 4th show will feature the sixteen qualifiers from the first two nights and the four winners of the second chance round. A total of sixteen candidates will compete at the Grand Finale set to take place on Saturday.
The qualifiers from today’s show will be decided by a mix of public vote and press experts.
Sanremo 2017 Calendar:
- Serata 1 (Round 1): February 7th
- Serata 2 (Round 2): February 8th
- Serata 3 (Second Chance): February 9th
- Serata 4 (Semi-Final): February 10th
- Serata 5: FINALE – February 11th
Sanremo is hosted once again by Carlo Conti, who, along with several professionals, was responsible for selecting the candidates that will compete in the Italian festival. This year, he is accompanied by Maria De Filippi as co-host of all five shows.
You can watch the show live on RAI 1 at 20.30 CET: