Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins 2014 is coming to an end, Iceland will choose representative tonight during a show which will be broadcasted live at 20.45 CET. These are the 6 finalists for tonight’s show:
- F.U.N.K. – Þangað til ég dey (Franz Ploder Ottósson, Pétur Finnbogason and Lárus Örn Arnarsson)
- Ásdís María Viðarsdóttir – Amor (Haukur Johnson)
- Sigga Eyrún – Lífið kviknar á ný (Karl Olgeirsson & Sigga Eyrún)
- Gissur Páll Gissurarson – Von (Jóhann Helgason)
- Gréta Mjöll Samúelsdóttir – Eftir eitt lag (Ásta Björg Björgvinsdóttir / Bergrún Íris Sævarsdóttir)
- Pollapönk – Enga fordóma (Heiðar Örn Kristjánsson and Haraldur F. Gíslason)
The six finalists have been decided the past two weeks, four of them have qualified from the shows while the winners of the jury wildcards were awarded to songs 2 Amor and 3 Lífið kviknar á ný.
In the final, the first round of voting will consist of a combination of expert-jury voting and televoting (50/50), which will determine the top two. The top two songs will qualify to the second round of voting where televoting only will determine the winner.
In the second round the two songs will be performed in the language they wish to use if they make it to Copenhagen in May.