This day has finally come. Another Nordic country will decide who will wave its flag at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna. 7 acts, who qualified from the 2 previous semifinals, plus a wildcard entry, will compete for the right to represent Iceland, where they will have to perform their entries in the same language as they wanted to do it in Vienna if they win.
The line-up for tonight’s final is as it follows:
- María Ólafsdóttir – Unbroken
- SUNDAY – Feathers
- CADEM – Fly
- Haukur Heiðar Hauksson – Milljón augnablik
- Elín Sif Halldórsdóttir – Dance Slow
- Friðrik Dór – Once Again
- Björn og félagar – Piltur og stúlka
María, Sunday, Cadem, Elín and Friðrik will do it in English language, whilst Björn og félagar and Haukur will do so in Icelandic. The combination of votes from the audience and a jury panel will decide the top two entries, these acts will advance to a second round of voting, the superfinal, where the winner will be determined solely by televoting.
The jury panel in the first round of voting features:
- Einar Bárðarson – radio host, music manager
- Jóhanna Guðrún Jónsdóttir – singer-songwriter, represented Iceland in the Eurovision Song Contest 2009
- Sigríður Thorlacius – singer, composer, member of the band Hjaltalín
- Stefán Hilmarsson – singer, composer, member of the band Sálin
- Valdimar Guðmundsson – singer and member of the band Valdimar
The show will be hosted by Ragnhildur Steinunn Jónsdóttir, Guðrún Dís Emilsdóttir and Salka Sól Eyfeld, from largest hall 1 at Háskólabíó’s cinema complex in Reykjavík, where approximately 1000 people will enjoy the show, starting at 20.35 (CET), 19.35 (local time). You can watch it either on Eurovision.tv or at the official RÚV’s streaming.