Ela Mangion has just won the Malta Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018 and will represent her country in Minsk. She will sing the song Marchin’ On, written by Emil Calleja Bayliss and Cyprian Cassar, on November 25.
Ela Mangion was born on the 6th of January of 2006. Ela has been singing for the past 6 years and since than she never looked back, music is her life. Ela’s first participation in the Junior Eurovision took place 2 years ago where she was the youngest competitor in the competition.
Ela had the opportunity to represent Malta in more than 5 International competitions including ‘NEW WAVE JUNIOR’ in Russia back in 2016 and ended up in 2nd place. She also participated in the ‘EURO POP CONTEST’ in Berlin last November, where she won the whole contest from singers aged between 10 and 26 years old.
At the time being Ela, is taking piano lessons and is also showing her talent not only in singing but also in composing music and writing her own lyrics.
16 candidates competed at today’s final keen to fly the flag for Malta:
- Luana Schembri – No Rest For The Wicked
- Giorgia Borg – 10 (3rd place)
- Zaira Mifsud – Shout Now
- Jahel Cardona – Home
- Katryna Borg & Rihana Azzopardi – The Puppet And The Clown (2nd place)
- Isaac Tom – Bonfire Nights
- Albert-Lauren Agius – Paper Boats
- Kristy Spiteri – Nann
- Yarin Coleiro – Can You Be The One
- Lora Grech – Finish Line
- Riona Degiorgio – Infinity
- Kylie Meilak – Crystals
- Eliana Gómez Blanco – Music Takes Control
- Aiden Aquilina Cohen – Wherever You Go
- Ela Mangion – Marchin’ On (1st place)
- Thea Aquilina – Back To My Freedom
A 50/50 combination of televoting results and the voting of a professional jury panel selected the winner of the Malta Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2018.
What do you think about the Maltese choice for Minsk? Tell us in comments!