HRT has published the list of acts that will take part at the Croatian national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2020. Dora 2020 will be broadcast on February 29th live from Opatija.
From all the submissions received, a professional panel selected 16 finalists and a reserve set made up of three entries:
- Marin Jurić Čivro – Naivno
- Elis Lovrić – Jušto
- Edi Abazi – Coming home
- Mia Negovetić – When it Comes to You
- Colonia – Zidina
- Zdenka Kovačiček – Love, Love, Love
- Lorenzo feat Dino Purić & Reper iz sobe – Vrati se iz Irske
- Jure Brkljača – Hajde nazovi me!
- Damir Kedžo – Divlji vjetre
- Lorena Bućan – Drowning
- Alen Vitasović & B. Matija Čerina – Da se ne zatare
- Aklea Neon – Zovi ju mama
- Indira – You Will Never Break My Heart
- Nikola Marjanović – Let’s forgive
- Đana – One
- Bojan Jambrošić – Više od riječi
Lorena Bućan was the runner-up of “Dora 2019“ with her entry “Tower of Babylon“. Lorena was a fan favorite as soon as the clip of “Tower of Babylon” was released with fans enjoying the old-school authentic Eurovision vibe of the song. Maybe Lorena can go all the way this year?
Bojan Jambrosic and Jure Brkljaca also both competed in Dora 2019. Bojan performed as part of a duet and finished 9th while Jure finished 8th.
And finally, how’s this for drama? Indira is competing as a solo artist, while so is the group from which she spent a lot of her career – Colonia. The group performed at Dora back in 1998 before the group went on to much international success.
Originally, the lineup included Goran Karan who participated in Eurovision in 2000. He withdrew from the contests citing having performed a different version of his entry at a music festival. Croatian broadcaster repopulated Goran’s spot with an entry on hand to address this situation. They have also identified three other entries that are on standby in case of any other lineup changes:
- Marcela Orosi – Let me Break Your Heart
- Dino Petrić – Što si meni ti
- Singrlice – Zavičaj
For the second year in a row, the broadcaster will select their next Eurovision entry from Dora. Roko represented Croatia in Tel Aviv after winning the 2019 edition with the song ‘The Dream’, composed by the 2017 representative Jacques Houdek. Unfortunately, he didn’t manage to make it through the semifinal.