Eugent Bushpepa has just won the 56th edition of Festivali i Këngës and will represent Albania at the Eurovision Song Contest 2018. The decision has been in the hands of a professional jury panel.
After three nights, the professional jury has finally selected the participant that will fly the Albanian flag in Lisbon. Eugent has competed at Festivali i Këngës with the song “Mall”, which might be revamped for Eurovision:
The following acts competed at today’s final:
- Redon Makashi – “Ekzistoj” (I exist)
- NA & Festina Mezini – “Tjetër jetë” (Another life)
- Voltan Prodani – “Pse të desha” (Why would I love you?)
- Denisa Gjezo – “Zemër ku je” (Dear heart, where you are)
- Tiri – “Orë e ndaluar” (Stopped clock)
- Orgesa Zaimi – “Ngrije zërin” (Speak up)
- Rezarta Samja & Luis Ejlli – “Ra një yll” (A star fell)
- Artemisa Mithi – “E dua botën” (I love the world)
- Manjola Nallbani – “I njejti qiell” (The same sky)
- Inis Neziri – “Piedestal” – (Pedestal)
- Bojken Lako – “Sytë e shpirtit” (The eyes of the soul)
- Mariza Ikonomi – “Unë” (Me)
- Eugent Bushpepa – “Mall” (Yearning)
- Elton Deda – “Fjalët” – (Words)
Adi Krasta has hosted all three shows of this year’s Festivali i Këngës, which have been broadcast live from Tirana’s Palace of Congresses.
What do you think about the Albanian choice? Let us know in comments!