After a week full of Italian music, the 2017 Sanremo music festival will come to an end tonight inside the Ariston Theatre. Sixteen out of the twenty-two initial acts have gone through all previous four shows, but only one will get the big prize and the right to represent Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest.
The line-up for today’s final is as it follows:
- Alessio Bernabei – Nel mezzo di un applauso
- Elodie – Tutta colpa mia
- Ermal Meta – Vietato morire
- Fabrizio Moro – Portami via
- Fiorella Mannoia – Che sia benedetta
- Lodovica Comello – Il cielo non mi basta
- Samuel Umberto Romano – Vedrai
- Chiara – Nessun posto è casa mi
- Francesco Gabbani – Occidentali’s karma
- Marco Masini – Spostato di un secondo
- Michele Bravi – Il diario degli errori
- Michele Zarrillo – Mani nelle mani
- Paola Turci – Fatti bella per te
- Sergio Sylvestre – Con te
- Bianca Atzei – Ora esisti solo tu
- Clementino – Ragazzi fuori
The winner of Sanremo 2017 will be selected after two voting rounds including a super-final. In the first round, the results will be decided by a combination of televote (40%), jury panel (30%) and special poll (30%). The top 3 of the scoreboard after the first round will compete in a superfinal in which the points will be reset. A new voting will be then open and the act with the most votes following the previous combination will be declared the winner of this year’s Italian music festival.
Once again, the artist who wins the Campioni category of Sanremo 2017 will get the right to represent Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest. However, the winner doesn’t need to accept the invitation to perform in Kyiv. If the artist declines to perform at Eurovision, RAI will internally choose another artist, whose name will be announced in the coming days.
Remember that last year Stadio won this festival category, but their choice was not to present their song to the wider European audience in Stockholm due to touring commitments. Instead, the runner-up Francesca Michielin was chosen to perform at Eurovision with her song “No Degree Of Separation”.
Sanremo 2017 is hosted by Carlo Conti, who, along with several professionals, was responsible for selecting the candidates. This year, he is accompanied by Maria De Filippi as co-host of all five shows.
You can watch the show live on RAI 1 at 20.30 CET: