RUV has just published the 12 candidate songs that will be competing at this year’s “Söngvakeppnin 2016”!
Check the allocation of semi-finals and listen to the songs below:
Semi-Final 1 – 6th of February (Place: Háskólabíói)
- Sigríður Eir Zophoniasardóttir & Jóhanna Vala Höskuldsdóttir – Égséþig (I see you)
- Ingólfur Þórarinsson – Fátækur námsmaður (A broke student)
- Erna Hrönn Ólafsdóttir & Hjörtur Traustason – Hugurminner (My mind is)
- Sigga Eyrún – Kreisí (Crazy)
- Karlotta Sigurðardóttir – Óstöðvandi (Unstoppable)
- Greta Salome Stefánsdóttir – Raddirnar (The Voices)
Semi-Final 2 – 13th of February (Place: Háskólabíói)
- Alda Dís Arnardóttir – Augnablik (One Moment)
- Elísabet Ormslev – Á ný (Again)
- Pálmi Gunnarsson – Ég leiði þig heim (I lead you home)
- Erna Mist & Magnús Thorlacius – Ótöluð orð (Unspoken words)
- Helgi Valur Ásgeirsson – Óvær (Uneasy)
- Þórdís Birna Borgarsdóttir & Guðmundur Snorri Sigurðarson – Spring yfir heiminn (All over the world)
Grand Final – 20th February (Place: Laugardalshöll Arena)
This year, Iceland will be celebrating the 30th anniversary of “Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins”, one of the biggest TV shows in the country. The 2016 Icelandic national selection will be made up of three shows, two semi-finals and a Grand Final, whose tickets will go on sale on January 19 here.
Three acts will go through to the national final from each semi-final with a seventh finalist being chosen from the non-qualifiers. The songs will be performed in Icelandic language at the semi-finals, but in the Grand Final all the competing songs must be performed in the language that the artist intends to perform the song in Stockholm.
Who is your favourite song?