A single show in January will determine the Spanish act for next year’s Eurovision Song Contest
RTVE keeps way busy now on what concerns the 10th series of their well-known talent show “Operación Triunfo” which was appointed as the selection show for the singer that will represent Spain in Tel Aviv 2019. RTVE Head of Content announced at the initial press conference that a song selection process would follow in their announcement on OT serving to be the annual national final for Eurovision.
Today, the official website of RTVE Eurovision announced the details that will be taken into account to find out how the lucky song will be selected:
- Viewers will be 100% able to choose the act for Israel during a single show to be aired in January.
- As previously advanced, all 16 OT contestants will opt for the chance to represent Spain.
- There will be two song selection processes:
- One of them: both well-known and unknown authors will be able to send in their compositions from November 1 till the 15th. Then, 2 Eurovision fan club members from OGAE and AEV (INFE Spain), plus Digital RTVE team member and 2 music industry professionals will pick 10 among the ones received. Regulations in terms of eligibility can be found by clicking HERE.
- At the time of handing the songs, OT contestants thought to sing the compositions can also be suggested.
- It has not been determined whether international authors are allowed in the race.
- At the meantime, RTVE will invite recognised artists and songwriters to present their compositions and tracks. From the ones that accept, the broadcaster and two OT teachers will pick another 10 entries.
- Before the live show, RTVE and show producer Gestmusic will assign the 20 entries to the 16 contestants, in the way that some of them could form a group, a duo or some others will perform as solo acts. There will be multiple combinations.
- From all the 20 combinations, an online voting will take place for two weeks on rtve.es/eurovision and three songs earning the most votes from the users will qualify to the live show.
- 10 songs will fight to represent Spain in Tel Aviv: the remaining 7 entries will be decided by an expert committee made up by RTVE directors and two OT teachers.
- The final outcome will be solely decided by televoting.
Spain will be one of the first nations to decide their package for next year’s Eurovision Song Contest. How keen are you on listening to the competing entries at their 2019 selection?