RTSH has published the list of candidates that will compete in the final of Junior Fest 2019. 18 acts will take part in the live show from which a panel of judges will select the Albanian entry for Gliwice, Poland. The final will take place on Sunday, September 29.
Last May, the Albanian broadcaster started the search for the singer and song for Junior Eurovision 2019. Candidates were able to submit their works at Radio Tirana or on the official website rtsh.al. until September 4. From all the applications, the Albanian broadcaster has shortlisted the following 18 acts:
- Sidorela Dorti, Kleansa Susaj & Juena Tahirity -Kënga e Ngjyrave
- Violeta Beshiri – Ty Mbi Rërë Të Vizatoj
- Noel Hoxholli – Jam Shqiptar e Bij Shqiptari
- Era Okshtuni – Lunapark
- Flavia Doka – Tinguj Zemre
- Trisiana Jata – Gjithësia Ime
- Livia Nelaj & Estea Teta – Doli Një Yll
- Bora Llapushi – Shtet Qytete
- Marigleda Lajthia – Jemi Fllad I Pranverës
- Rumeisa Kola – Ëndërroj
- Krisiana Veshaj – Pushimet
- Ajla Rroji – Ne
- Arseld Muça & Martina Serreqi – Më E Shtrenjta Botë
- Sajana Kodhelli – Jemi Miq Te Mirë
- Françeska Kasa – Per Ty Vendi Im
- Isea Çili – Mikja Ime Fëmijëria
- Rinea Vitija – Një Botë Me Dashuri
- Uendi Goga – Mirësevjen
Junior Fest 2019 will take place on Sunday, September 29 at 19.00 CET in Tirana. The junior version of Festivali i Këngës was launched in 2017 and has become a tradition since then.
Efi Gjika won Junior Fest 2018 and went on to represent Albania at Junior Eurovision in Minsk with the song ‘Barbie’; she finished 17th.