The national broadcaster of Kazakhstan, Khabar Agency, will reveal in a press conference tomorrow their plans for Junior Eurovision 2021 and as ESCplus has known, there will be a national final to select its representative!
The press conference will be led and attended by the following people:
- Yerlan BekhhozhIn – Chairman of the Board of the Khabar Agency
- Aida Tleukhan – General Producer, Adam Media
- Khamit Shangaliev – music producer, composer of the Kazakh Junior Eurovision entries in 2019 and 2020
- Yerzhan Maxim – Kazakh Representative in 2019
- Karakat Bashanova – Kazakh Representative in 2020
Like last year, Kazakhstan will choose their entry for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest through a national open selection procedure. And it will be possible with the collaboration and economic backing of the Kazakh Ministry of Culture and Sport
Every interested children, aged between 9 and 14, will be able to send their applications from tomorrow September 29 to October 6 by clicking on this link and according to the following rules:
- Being a musical group (no more than six people) or a solo artist. To participate in the National Qualifying Round, applicants shall be at least 9 years of age and no more than 14 when the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 takes place on December 19.
- The participant must be a citizen of the Republic of Kazakhstan or legally reside in the country for at least two years.
- The participant must fill in a questionnaire and upload a video of their performance of any arbitrary song on the official website of Khabar Agency.
The jury in charge of selecting the best candidates to compete in the national final will be composed by the following experts:
- DINARA BISEMBINA (Director of the Kazakh television channel “Khabar”)
- BAGYM MUKHITDENOVA (music producer of major television and concert projects of the Republic of Kazakhstan)
- ӘMRE (Winner of the international music festival “Slavianski Bazaar”)
- Yerzhan Maxim (Silver at Junior Eurovision 2019)
This will be the fourth time for Kazakhstan at Junior Eurovision since their debut in 2018. In the last two years the country reached the second place thanks to Yerzhan Maxim in 2019 and Karakat Bashanova in 2020.