The moment has arrived for the Germans to pick who will be flying their colors at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest. After an intensive and hectic process of auditions which lasted several months, NDR is now ready to reach the final stage of their national selection system, as the five singers, who were already selected, are all set to perform the following two songs on stage tonight:
- Perfect Life (Lindsey Ray, Lindy Robbins, Dave Bassett)
The 5 competing artists, selected by the TV station after an intense round of auditions, which extended up for several months, are:
- Axel Maximilian Feige from Hamburg
- Felicia Lu Kürbiß from Freilassing
- Helene Nissen from Hollingstedt
- Isabella “Levina” Lueen from Berlin
- Wilhelm “Sadi” Richter from Dortmund
As we already informed, both songs will be performed according to the process agreed by the broadcaster, divided in four rounds. The first round will just be based on singing a cover version of a well-known song by all 5 competing singers, who will be narrowed down to three by the German televote.
New App “Eurovision Vibes”: Germany needs you!
All international fans will be able to vote for their favourites of the German final through a brand new feature in the Eurovision APP called “Eurovision Vibes”. Moreover, this App will include videos of the rehearsals that will take place before the live show, as well as an official broadcast of the Grand Final. NDR wants the international fan community to help select the 2017 German act for the Eurovision Song Contest.
The winner of Unser Song 2017 will be decided after 4 rounds of audience voting that will feature both songs performed differently by the candidates:
- Round 1: The 5 candidates will perform cover songs up to their choice with only 3 of them going through to the next round.
- Round 2: The remaining 3 finalists will perform different versions of the first original song for Eurovision. Only two of them will advance to the third round.
- Round 3: The selected two superfinalists will perform two different versions of the second original song and the audience will choose the best artist-song combination, from rounds 2 and 3.
- Round 4: The two candidates will perform the best artist-song combination according to the audience with the one with most votes being declared the winner.
A jury panel, made up of Lena (Eurovision 2010), Tim Bendzko and Florian Silbereisen,will be providing the contenders with support and advice during the final show, but the winner will be selected by 100% public vote.