After a three-hour-show at Tbilisi’s Philharmonic Concert Hall, the audience and the expert panel have finally a say: Tako Gachechiladze will be representing Georgia at the international Eurovision Song Contest in Kiev in May.
The acts competing tonight featured the following names:
- Giorgi Chikovani – Make it Right
- Brandon Stone & Eteri Beriashvili feat Vakhtang – Heyo Song
- Rati Durglishvili – Why
- Andria Gvelesiani – Revolutionise
- Alisa Danelia – We Are Eternity
- Nutsa Buzaladze – White Horses Run
- Maliibu – We Live Once
- Group EOS – Urban Signs
- Dima Kobeshavidze – Scream
- Trio Mandili – Me da Shen (You and Me)
- Tako Gachechiladze – Keep the Faith
- Nino Basharuli – Lileo
- Elene Mikiashvili – Fighter
- MISHO – Magic
- Mariko Lejava – Light it Up
- Group The Mins – Crime
- Group Sparkle – On The Top
- Tornike Kipiani – You Are My Sunshine
- Temo Sajaia – All The Same
- Sabina Chantouria – Stranger
- Mariam Chachkhiani – Fly
- Group Asea Sool – Nature
- Nanuka Giorgobiani – Let The Sunshine In
- Oto Nemsadze & Group Limbo – Dear God
- Davit Shanidze – Mtvris Katsi (Man of Dust)
The winner was selected by a 40% in hands of the Georgian audience with their calls and SMS’ and the remaining 60% up to an expert panel made-up by music and TV industry professionals.
Do you like the winner? Do you think this act has any chance to conquer Europe’s hearts and win the whole competition in May?
Stay tuned for more updates on Tako Gachechiladze and her participation at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest taking place in Ukraine on May 9,11 and 13.