On Saturday, February 13, Sven Epiney will host Switzerland’s Die Grosse Entscheidungsshow which will feature the six Swiss finalists for Eurovision singing their song and a cover song to help audiences chose who will go on to represent the country in Eurovision 2016 in Stockholm. The decision will be split 50/50 between a panel of judges and experts and the voting public.
The juding panel for this year’s show includes Tanja Dankner (Singer and vocal coach), Rafael Antonio (Choreographer from Germany), Daniel Meister (SRF Eurovision editor), Catherine Colombara (RTS), and Andrea Bignasca (RSI). The show will be aired locally and online at 20:10 CET.
SRF have revealed the order of the candidates, their songs, and cover songs for broadcast:
- Vincent Gross “Half A Smile” and “Astronaut” (originally performed by Sido featuring Andreas Bourani)
- Bella C “Another World” and “Empire State Of Mind (Part II)” (originally performed by Alicia Keys)
- Kaceo “Disque d’or” and “Video Killed The Radio Star” (originally performed by The Buggles)
- Theo “Because Of You” and “Photograph” (originally performed by Ed Sheeran)
- Rykka “The Last Of Our Kind” and “Love Me Like You Do” (originally performed by Ellie Goulding)
- Stanley Miller “Feel The Love” and “Hello” (originally performed by Adele)
One of these intriguing new talents will be your Swiss representative for this year’s competition. Who do you think it will be? Will they be able to bring Switzerland back to the final after Mélanie René failed to do so in Austria? Will they be Switzerland’s next win, after last winning in 1988 with Celine Dion! Let us know in the comments.