The Spanish broadcaster has revealed the name of the 30 candidates that will compete for a place at the national final, which will be held in February.
From a total of 392 applications received, RTVE have selected the following ones that will face an on-line voting process:
- Carmel – Waiting for a better end
- Nito – Luna
- Romy Low – In love
- E Twins – Chica del Vestido Rojo
- Ivet Vidal – Do you Want Me?
- Wildback – Noches de Verano
- Iranzo Iranzinix – Bye Te Digo
- Paradise Phantoms – Madridfornia
- Ander y Rossi – Ahora Soy Yo
- Alicia Burho Band – Under the Light
- Ektor Pan – Perfect Storm
- Detergente Líquido – 131 bpm
- Gio – Vuelve a mi
- Iñigo – Hoy es por mi
- Rebeca Moss – Volveré a por ti
- Nieves Hidalgo – Esclava
- Milena – Momento
- Stvrkid feat.Silence of the Wolves – Sparkling Lights
- Brequette – No Enemy
- Javian – No Somos Héroes
- Javi Soleil – Alas Mojadas
- Padre Damián – Thousand Sounds
- Shannel – Bailando
- Pedro Elipe – Del Dolor
- Fruela – Live It Up
- Nicky Triphook – Daddy’s Little Girl
- Jon Josdi – Dónde Estabas Tú
- Leklein – Ouch!!
- Dani J – Sin Tí
- Lem Baquero – Hard to Believe You
(RTVE will be announcing all 30 candidates through the day, so stay tuned to this post as we will be updating it with new names as announced.)
All fans and users will be able to vote for their favourites between December 2 and 12 (12:00 CET). The top 10 of songs will go through to the next stage of the on-line competition where an expert panel will choose 3 finalists that will compete in a special episode to be streamed live in January. A new on-line voting will be then open again in order to choose who will take part at the Spanish final “Objetivo Eurovision”.
At the national final, several artists internally selected will compete to represent Spain, something similar to what RTVE did in 2014 and 2016. However, this year, one of the finalists will be chosen externally through #Eurocasting. The other finalists will be selected by the broadcaster among professional singers from the Spanish music industry. By using this format, RTVE wants to give new talents and artists the opportunity to represent their homeland in the biggest European event.
The Spanish representative for Eurovision 2017 will be chosen during a national final that will be held in Madrid by the end of February. The overall winner will be decided by a mix of public televote and professional jury panel.