The annual Icelandic music contest will continue its race tonight live from Háskólabío, (one of the main halls at Reykjavik’s university used for congresses, exhibitions and conferences) where approximately 500 people will enjoy the show. The second semifinal of this year’s Söngvakeppnin will feature six more acts who will get to fight for one of the three tickets in the grand final next week, thus the winners will join Greta Salóme, Erna Hrönn Ólafsdóttir & Hjörtur Traustason and Karlotta.
Check tonight’s line-up below:
- Alda Dís Arnardóttir – Augnablik (One Moment)
- Elísabet Ormslev – Á ný (Again)
- Pálmi Gunnarsson – Ég leiði þig heim (I lead you home)
- Erna Mist & Magnús Thorlacius – Ótöluð orð (Unspoken words)
- Helgi Valur Ásgeirsson – Óvær (Uneasy)
- Þórdís Birna Borgarsdóttir & Guðmundur Snorri Sigurðarson – Spring yfir heiminn (All over the world)
This year, RÚV is repeating the enormous success that the contest has been achieving in recent years, since is one of the biggest platforms in the country for unknown singers. This is the second out of three shows, the grand final will take place next week Saturdayat Laugardalshöll counting with Loreen, who also visited the Spanish final early this week, performing at the show.
You can see exclusive footage on the contest’s official Facebook page, clicking by HERE.
The outcome for today’s competition is 100% decided by the Icelandic audience with their calls and SMS.
The show starts at 20.45 (CET) / 19.45 LOCAL TIME and can be followed live on RÚV’s official streaming.