The semi-final of Selecţia Naţională will take place tonight at 19:30 CET. 15 candidates will compete for the right to represent Romania at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 but only 10 of them will advance to the final on 5th March.
All semifinalists were decided after live auditions held last months where the initial 71 candidates were judged by a professional jury panel, made up of Luminiţa Anghel, Ovi Jacobsen, Adrian Romcescu, Paula Seling and Andrei Tudor. Tonight’s semifinalists are:
- Cristina Vasiu – Set the Skies on Fire
- Elize&No Stress – Fara Bariere
- Tudor Turcu – Limitless
- Ramona Nerra – Save Me
- Ana Maria Mirica – Spune-mi Tu
- Instinct – Petale
- D-lema – Adventure
- Ilinca ft. Alex Florea – Yodel It
- Tavi Colen & Emma – We own the night
- Zanga – Doua sticle
- Maxim – Adu-ti aminte
- Eduard Santha – Wild Child
- MIHAI (Mihai Traistariu) – I won’t surrender
- Alexandra Craescu – Hope
- Xandra (Alexandra Sipos) – Walk on by
The same jury panel which previously judged the 71 candidates at auditions, will pick the 10 finalists of tonight’s show. However, only the audience will have a say to the overall outcome at the next week’s final.
The band SuperChill and last year’s winner Ovidiu Anton will perform as guests of the show. Ovidiu will sing some new songs with his band ANTON, but also “Moment of silence”, the song with which he would have represented Romania in Eurovision 2016 if TVR hadn’t withdrawn.