RTP have revealed the name of the first 8 singers that have been selected to perform at this year’s Portuguese national selection for Eurovision 2016. All candidates have been chosen by the composers previously selected by the broadcaster to take part at Festival da Canção 2017.
You can find each composer’s choice below:
- Márcia (Composer: Márcia)
- Golden Slumbers (Composer: Samuel Úria)
- Fernando Daniel (Composer: Nuno Feist)
- Deolinda Kinzimba (Composer: Rita Redshoes)
- Rui Drumond (Composer: Héber Marques)
- Lisa Garden (Composer: Pedro Saraiva)
- Salvador Sobral (Composer: Luísa Sobral)
- Trio (Composer: Nuno Gonçalves)
Festival da Canção 2017 will be made up of three shows, two semi-finals on February 19 and 26, and a national final from which the Portuguese entry for Eurovision will be decided. The final of Festival da Canção 2017 is set to take place on March 5.
The winner will be selected by a 50-50 mix of regional judges and public vote with 8 songs being performed at the national final, 4 from each semi-final. This year, the songs are allowed to be performed in Portuguese or any other language, including English. Will we see the first Portuguese song performed in English in Kyiv?