TG4 will broadcast tonight the second out of five shows set to pick the act who will wave the Irish flag at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2016.
The Irish speaker broadcaster is using the same selection procedure than last year, made up of four semi-finals and a national final to be aired on November 6. Remember that all the shows are being broadcast on delay as they were recorded last month.
Tonight’s show will feature another 8 acts, but only one of them will move forward to the national final joining Walter McCabe, qualifier from the first semi-final. The line-up for today looks as it follows:
- Zena Donnelly from Blackrock, Co. Dublin
Song title: Bríce Ar Bhríce
- Taylor Hynes from Blanchardstown, Dublin
Song title: Níos Airde
- Maggie-Sue McCormack from Nurney, Co. Kildare
Song title: Tusa
- Natalie Hurley from Churchtown, Dublin
Song title: Mo chuid “Superstars”
- Daniel Gallagher from Ratoath, Co. Meath
Song title: Táim Beo
- Leah Cunningham from Rathkeale, Co. Limerick
Song title: Saol Iontach
- Holly Sturton from Tuamgraney, Co. Clare
Song title: A Cheol, Is Tusa M’Anamchara
- Ciara Mullarkey from Enniscrone, Co. Mayo
Song title: An Ghealach
Once again, an expert panel will be responsible for selecting the best voice and song that will compete in the final show. This year, the jury panel is a little bit different as the resident judges, Fiachna Ó Braonáin and Pauline Avalon, are joined each week by a guest judge from Ireland’s Eurovision past. Today, the guest jury member will be Dustin “The Turkey”, who represented Ireland at Eurovision 2008.
The show will be aired at 21:00 CET on TG4, you can watch it on-line by clicking HERE.