TG4 have revealed the candidates that will take part at the third semi-final of the Irish national selection for Junior Eurovision, which will be held on Sunday.
Only one out of these eight contenders will move forward to the final:
- Éabha Sullivan from Inniscarra, Co. Cork
- Rachel Haughney from Carlow
- Ruben O’Mahony from Blackrock, Co. Dublin
- Rosalind Hayes from Naas, Co. Kildare
- Lillie Foley from Killarney, Co. Kerry
- Na Deirfiúracha Drumgoole from Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan
- Clióna Nic Dhomhnaill from Borris-in-Ossory, Co. Laois
- Disha Suresh Kumar from Bray, Co. Wicklow
The Irish speaker broadcaster is using the same selection procedure than last year, made up of 5 shows aired pre-recorded, which began its broadcast two weeks ago with Walter McCabe and Zena Donelly as chosen finalists so far. A total of 32 candidates selected after extensive auditions nationwide compete to represent Ireland in Valletta with one of each semi-final being selected to perform at the grand final.
Once again, an expert panel will be responsible for selecting the best voice and song for the international competition. This year, however, the jury panel is little bit different as the resident judges, Fiachna Ó Braonáin and Pauline Avalon, are joined each week by a guest judge from Ireland’s Eurovision past, including Linda Martin, Niamh Kavanagh, Jedward, Sandie Jones and Dustin.
The second Irish semi-final will be broadcast on Sunday at 21.00 CET on TG4.