TG4 have revealed the candidates that will take part at the second semi-final of the Irish national selection for Junior Eurovision, which will be held on Sunday.
Only one out of these eight contenders will move forward to the final:
- Zena Donnelly from Blackrock, Co. Dublin
Song title: Bríce Ar Bhríce
- Taylor Hynes from Blanchardstown, Dublin
Song title: Níos Airde
- Maggie-Sue McCormack from Nurney, Co. Kildare
Song title: Tusa
- Natalie Hurley from Churchtown, Dublin
Song title: Mo chuid “Superstars”
- Daniel Gallagher from Ratoath, Co. Meath
Song title: Táim Beo
- Leah Cunningham from Rathkeale, Co. Limerick
Song title: Saol Iontach
- Holly Sturton from Tuamgraney, Co. Clare
Song title: A Cheol, Is Tusa M’Anamchara
- Ciara Mullarkey from Enniscrone, Co. Mayo
Song title: An Ghealach
The Irish speaker broadcaster will be using the same selection procedure than last year, made up of 5 shows aired pre-recorded, which began its broadcast last Sunday with Walter McCabe as winner of the first semi-final. A total of 32 candidates selected after extensive auditions nationwide will compete to represent Ireland in Valletta with one of each semi-final being selected to compete at the grand final.
Once again, an expert panel will be responsible for selecting the best voice and song for the international competition. This year, however, the jury panel will be little bit different as the resident judges, Fiachna Ó Braonáin and Pauline Avalon, will be joined each week by a guest judge from Ireland’s Eurovision past, including Linda Martin, Niamh Kavanagh, Jedward, Sandie Jones and Dustin.
The second Irish semi-final will be broadcast on Sunday at 21.00 CET on TG4.