TG4 have revealed the candidates that will take part at the first semi-final of the Irish national selection for Junior Eurovision, which will be held on Sunday. The jury panel for the mentioned show will be made up of Fiachna Ó Braonáin and Pauline Avalon with Jedward as the guest judges.
Only one out of these eight contenders will move forward to the final:
- Hannah McNicholas Roche from Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin with her song “Titim as a Chéile”.
- Amy Meehan from Manorcunningham, Co. Donegal with her song “Tapaigh An Deis”.
- Walter McCabe from Ballinteer, Co. Dublin with his song “Las Do Sholas”.
- Bernadette Royo from Waterford City with her song “Bean Sí”.
- Molly McCarthy from Cork with her song “Imithe Leis An Ghaoth”.
- Jael Katebe-Wini from Cork with her song “An Ghrá i do Chroí”.
- Cathal Gavin from Swinford, Co. Mayo with his song “Seo hé Mo Ghlór”.
- Susie Power from Kilcullen, Co. Kildare with her song “Popsicle”.
The Irish speaker broadcaster will be using the same selection procedure than last year, made up of 5 shows aired pre-recorded, which will begin its broadcast on Sunday, October 9, at 21.00 CET. A total of 32 candidates selected after extensive auditions nationwide will compete to represent Ireland in Valletta with one of each semi-final being selected to compete at the grand final.
Once again, an expert panel will be responsible for selecting the best voice and song for the international competition. This year, however, the jury panel will be little bit different as the resident judges, Fiachna Ó Braonáin and Pauline Avalon, will be joined each week by a guest judge from Ireland’s Eurovision past, including Linda Martin, Niamh Kavanagh, Jedward, Sandie Jones and Dustin.