The first semi-final of the Irish national selection for Junior Eurovision has just come to an end revealing us the name of the first finalist, Walter McCabe.
Walter McCabe, who was selected as finalist by the jury panel, is competing at the Irish selection with the song “Las Do Sholas”:
A total of 8 candidates competed at today’s show, but only two of them went through to a sing-off where the winner of the semi-final was selected:
- Hannah McNicholas Roche – “Titim as a Chéile”. (Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin) Runner-up
- Susie Power – “Popsicle”. (Kilcullen, Co. Kildare)
- Walter McCabe – “Las Do Sholas”. (Ballinteer, Co. Dublin)
- Bernadette Royo – “Bean Sí”. (Waterford City)
- Molly McCarthy – “Imithe Leis An Ghaoth”. (from Cork)
- Cathal Gavin – “Seo hé Mo Ghlór”. (Swinford, Co. Mayo)
- Amy Meehan – “Tapaigh An Deis”. (Manorcunningham, Co. Donegal)
- Jael Katebe-Wini – “An Ghrá i do Chroí”. (from Cork)
Once again, an expert panel will be responsible for selecting the best voice and song for Junior Eurovision. This year, however, the jury panel will be little bit different as the resident judges, Fiachna Ó Braonáin and Pauline Avalon, will be joined each week by a guest judge from Ireland’s Eurovision past. Today, the guest jury members were Jedward, who represented Ireland at Eurovision 2011 and 2012.
What do you think about the first Irish finalist?