BTRC has launched today their national selection procedure for Junior Eurovision 2016. The Belarusian broadcaster will be using once again an external selection method to select their entrant for Malta.
BTRC has started accepting applications for this year’s national selection for Junior Eurovision. The National Selection round is organised by the country’s major media company. The selection is carried out in accordance with the provisions set up by the organiser and the contest rules laid down by the European Broadcasting Union.
To be admitted to this year’s auditions, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- The contestant must be aged 9-14 as of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest day (20 November) and be a citizen of the Republic of Belarus or a foreign citizen/stateless person permanently residing in the Republic of Belarus for at least 2.5 years.
- The contestant must be the author of the song lyrics and/or music and/or arrangement and can be assisted by music professionals and other experts in creating the lyrics, music and arrangement.
- The song must have a duration up to 2.45 minutes.
- The contest song lyrics must be written in the Belarusian or Russian languages with music which has not been previously commercially released and performed publicly until 1 May, 2016. However, it can include a 25% of foreign languages (Ex. English).
- The selection participant (or their legal representative in case the participant has not attained the age of 14 years) must be the sole copyright owner of the song or have the right of joint ownership of the song, if a group of performers participates in the selection.
- The participation form and full set of rules can be found here (In Russian).
The deadline for sending applications is 17 June, 2016.
Following the National Selection results, which will be announced not later than 1 July 2016, a professional jury will select seven to ten contenders for the finals, which be held not later than 16 September 2016 as a gala concert.
The National Selection winner to represent Belarus at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2016 will be selected by the votes of the jury and TV viewers.