The first semi-final of the Bulgarian national selection for Junior Eurovision 2016 has just taken place with 4 candidates being eliminated by a professional jury panel.
A total of 15 artists have performed at today’s show, but only 11 of them have gone through:
- Valentina Kuncheva – “Visoko” (Group FSB) 7th
- Dimitrina Germanova – “Dve” (Poli Genova) 10th
- Valentina Nikova – “Iskam te” (Lili Ivanova) 9th
- Lidiya Ganeva – “Rapsodia” (Roberta) 1st
- Gergana Todorova – “Povey vetre” (Pasha Hristova) 5th
- Simona Krasteva – “Ustrem” (Margarita Hranova) 11th
- Preslava Petrova – “Mechta” (Own song) 6th
- Eleonora Dimitrova – “Kopnezh” (Margarita Hranova) 4th
- Nia Krusheva – “Ne Taka” (Group FSB) 8th
- Group Bon-Bon – “Na inat” (Poli Genova) 2nd
- Eleonora Ivanova – “Neka Sme Razlichni” (Roberta) 3rd
These are the artists that have left the competition:
- Daniela Piryankova – “Kopnezh” (Margarita Hranova)
- Alexander Petrov – “Davam vsichko za teb” (Grafa)
- Bozhena Varbanova – “Dushata mi e ston” (Georgi Hristov)
- Sesil Sabri – “Pticata” (Lili Ivanova)
At today’s show, the 15 candidates performed original and cover songs fully in Bulgarian. The 100% jury decision procedure has been implemented for the semi-finals in accordance with the new voting system of Junior Eurovision where the results will be decided without televoting. 10 artists were expected to qualify, but a tie between the 10th and 11th ranked singers have ended in the qualification of both candidates.
The next stage of the Bulgarian national selection will be the second semi-final, to be held on June 8, where the remaining 10 candidates will compete for one of the five spots in the Grand Final set on June 11. The winner and Bulgarian representative for Junior Eurovision 2016 will be then decided by a 50-50 mix of professional jury and televoting.
Keep in mind that the show will only reveal the Bulgarian representative as the song will be composed by the winner along with professional composers selected by BNT. The song presentation will take place on a TV show by the end of September.