We have finally got to know who will be waving the German flag after the withdrawal of Xavier Naidoo. The Voice winner Jamie-Lee Kriewitz will perform Ghost in the grand final of Eurovision 2016!
The winner has been selected among 10 candidates at the “Unser Lied Für Stockholm” final show held in Cologne:
- Alex Diehl: “Nur ein Lied”
- Avantasia: “Mystery Of A Blood Red Rose”
- Ella Endlich: “Adrenalin”
- Gregorian: “Masters Of Chant”
- Jamie-Lee Kriewitz: “Ghost”
- Joco: “Full Moon”
- Keøma: “Protected”
- Laura Pinski: “Under The Sun We Are One”
- Luxuslärm: “Solange Liebe in mir wohnt”
- Woods of Birnam: “Lift Me Up (From The Underground)”
The 2016 German representative was chosen by solely public televoting, SMS voting and Eurovision app, after two rounds. Firstly, the televote picked three acts that went through to the superfinal. At the superfinal, the selected ones performed again and another round was open to decide the overall winner of “Unser Lied Für Stockholm”.
- Jamie-Lee Kriewitz: “Ghost” (1st)
- Avantasia: “Mystery Of A Blood Red Rose” (3rd)
- Alex Diehl: “Nur ein Lied” (2nd)
The show was hosted by Barbara Schöneberger who gained fame in last year’s German national selection by resolving the situation after Andreas Kümmer rejection to represent Germany at Eurovision.
What do you think about the German choice?