Back in September and before the deadline of application period concluded, Iceland’s public broadcaster RÚV announced the dates for this year’s edition of their traditional and annual song competition Söngvakeppnin.
Today they have revealed the acts that will be featured at this year’s competition trying to get the right to represent Iceland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Ukraine.
You can find the line-up for this year’s competition and listen to the songs below:
- Hildur Kristín Stefánsdóttir – Bammbaramm (ENGLISH VERSION)
- Svala Björgvinsdóttir – Ég veit það (ENGLISH VERSION)
- Páll Rósinkranz & Kristina Bærendsen – Þú og ég (ENGLISH VERSION)
- Rúnar Eff Rúnarsson – Mér við hlið (ENGLISH VERSION)
- Júlí Heiðar Halldórsson & Þórdís Birna Borgarsdóttir – Heim til þín (ENGLISH VERSION)
- Linda Hartmanns – Ástfangin (ENGLISH VERSION)
- Sólveig Ásgeirsdóttir – Treystu á mig (ENGLISH VERSION)
- Erna Mist Pétursdóttir – Skuggamynd (ENGLISH VERSION)
- Aron Brink – Þú hefur dáleitt mig (ENGLISH VERSION)
- Daði Freyr Pétursson – Hvað með það? (ENGLISH VERSION)
- Aron Hannes Emilsson – Nótt (ENGLISH VERSION)
- Rakel Pálsdóttir & Arnar Jónsson – Til mín (ENGLISH VERSION)
The semifinals will take place in Háskólabíó, on February 25 and March 4, while the final will be held on March 11 in Laugardalshöllin, Iceland’s national indoor arena.
Unfortunately and despite being a fan favorite for two years in-a-row, Iceland did not make it to the final for the last two years with María Olafs and Greta Salóme. Will they finally get the fans’ music taste besides?
Stay tuned for more updates on this year’s Söngvakeppnin, the Icelandic national selection process!