Tonight, the grand final of 2016 Sanremo Music Festival is taking place live from the Ariston Theatre in the city of Sanremo in Italy. After four previous nights full of music, humor and great moments brought by Elton John, Nicole Kidman or even Ellie Goulding. Anyway, it is now time to declare a winner.
In previous shows, the 20 competing acts presented their entries to the Italian audience and also were competing for a special prize awarded for the best cover of an Italian song sung by them. There was also time to pick the winner of ”Nuove Proposte” (Newcomers’ Sector), chosen among four revelation artists, this was won by Franceso Gabbani and his song ”Amen”.
The 15 acts who made it through tonight’s grand final will get to perform their entry once again. They all qualified from yesterday’s semifinal but it is still possible for one of the five who did not get it, to win a special wildcard spot. The lines will be open until the show is starting. Then, the one with the highest number of calls will join the 15 qualified entries:
- Alessio Bernabei – Noi siamo infinito
- Annalisa – Il diluvio universale
- Arisa – Guardando il cielo
- Clementino – Quando sono lontano
- Deborah Iurato & Giovanni Caccamo – Via da qui
- Dolcenera – Ora o mai più
- Elio e le storie tese – Vincere l’odio
- Enrico Ruggeri – Il primo amore non si scorda mai
- Francesca Michielin – Nessun grado di separazione
- Lorenzo Fragola – Infinite volte
- Noemi – La borsa di una donna
- Patty Pravo – Cieli immensi
- Rocco Hunt – Wake up
- Stadio – Un giorno mi dirai
- Valerio Scanu – Finalmente piove
- WILDCARD SLOT from the repechage round.
The overall winner of the Big Artists section will be determined over two rounds of voting. In the first round, the top three entries from the sixteen competing entries will advance to the second round of voting. In the second round, the winner will be decided. All results will be determined through the combination of public televoting (40%), the votes of the expert jury (30%) and the votes of the demoscopic poll (30%). The winner will get the right to represent Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 in Stockholm, nevertheless if the singer declines the proposal, it will be up to the Italian broadcaster RAI who will fly the Italian colours in Sweden.
In addition to the performances of the competing entries, guest performers will include Renato Zero, Cristina D’Avena and Willy William. Other guests include ballet dancer Roberto Bolle and actors Guglielmo Scilla and Giuseppe Fiorello.
The 66th edition of San Remo is hosted by Carlo Conti along with Gabriel Garko, Madalina Ghenea and Virginia Raffaele. You can watch the show live on RAI 1 at 20.30 CET: