The first semi-final of Söngvakeppnin 2016 has just taken place and the first three finalists have been chosen!
A total of six acts competed at today’s show, live broadcasted from Háskólabíó in Reykjavik, but only three of them have made it through to the final:
- Sigríður Eir Zophoniasardóttir & Jóhanna Vala Höskuldsdóttir – Égséþig (I see you)
- Ingólfur Þórarinsson – Fátækur námsmaður (A broke student)
- Erna Hrönn Ólafsdóttir & Hjörtur Traustason – Hugurminner (My mind is)
- Sigga Eyrún – Kreisí (Crazy)
- Karlotta Sigurðardóttir – Óstöðvandi (Unstoppable)
- Greta Salome Stefánsdóttir – Raddirnar (The Voices)
The non-qualifiers will still have a chance, as they will be bidding for a special final ticket to be given by a professional jury after all the semi-finals have taken place.
The 2016 Icelandic national selection is made up of three shows, two semi-finals and a Grand Final to take place on February 20. The songs will be performed in Icelandic language at the semi-finals, but in the Grand Final all the competing songs must be performed in the language that the artist intends to perform the song in Stockholm.
Söngvakeppnin 2016 is hosted by Ragnhildur Steinunn Jónsdóttir & Guðrún Dís Emilsdóttir,