26 countries around Europe, last-minute withdrawal from Armenia and Poland, will sing their Eurovision 2016 entries in front of the European fans at the Melkweg venue in the centre of Amsterdam. Doors of the hall will open from 19:30 (CET) with the celebration starting at 20:30 (CET). Tickets for the show were sold out in only 5 days!
Dutch Eurovision Song Contest commentator Cornald Maas and Hera Björk who represented Iceland in the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest will be tonight’s hosts.
The countries taking part at tonight’s show are the following ones:
- Albania: Eneda Tarifa – Fairytale Love
- Austria: Zoe – Loin d’ici
- Belarus: Ivan – Help You Fly
- Bosnia & Herzegovina: Deen & Dalal feat. Ana Rucner & Jala –Ljubav Je
- Bulgaria: Poli Genova – If Love Was A Crime
- Croatia: Nina Kraljic – Lighthouse
- Cyprus: Minus One – Alter Ego
- Estonia: Jüri Pootsmann – Play
- France: Amir – J’ai Cherché
- FYR Macedonia: Kaliopi – Dona
- Iceland: Greta Salóme – Hear Them Calling
- Israel: Hovi Star – Made Of Stars
- Italy: Francesca Michielin – No Degree Of Separation
- Latvia: Justs – Heartbeat
- Malta: Ira Losco – Walk On Water
- Moldova: Lidia Isac – Falling Stars
- Montenegro: Highway Trio – The Real Thing
- The Netherlands: Douwe Bob – Slow Down
- Norway: Agnete – Icebreaker
- Poland: Michal Szpak – Color Of Your Life
- Romania: Ovidiu Anton – Moment Of Silence
- Serbia: Sanja Vučić ZAA – Goodbye (Shelter)
- Slovenia: ManuElla – Blue And Red
- Spain: Barei – Say Yay
- Switzerland: Rykka – The Last Of Our Kind
- Ukraine: Jamala – 1944
- United Kingdom: Joe & Jake – You’re Not Alone
According to the press program, there was also held an opening ceremony this morning to welcome all invited acts and present them to the attending European media. They were all received by Kajsa Ollongren, the Deputy Mayor of Amsterdam and Sietse Bakker, Event Supervisor of the Eurovision Song Contest.
Our special correspondant Luís Rincón will bring you lots of details about it on our official Twitter and YouTube channel, so stay tuned for further updates on it!
EiC organizer René Romkes declared: ”The team has been working really hard since October last year for this edition. We’re delighted that so many delegations accepted our invitation again to take part in the event. We never sold out as fast as this year’s edition which is something to be grateful for as well! We will do everything in our possibility to make sure it’s going to be an amazing weekend again for both artists and fans! We’re ready for it: let’s all Come Together in Amsterdam!”
Right after the concert, an official after-party was also set to be celebrated and will take place at VondelCS (Vondelpark 3). Several artists will perform there including Barei (Spain), Amir (France), Ovidiu Anton (Romania), Sanja Vučić ZAA (Serbia) and Rykka (Switzerland). Tickets are €10 and can be bought at the door of Melkweg tonight. The afterparty will be hosted by DJ Galfo (Spain) and DJ Juan (Spain/Netherlands).
Check what DJ Galfo has already prepared for the fans on SoundCloud to get them into party mood, available to download as well!
There is no official live-streaming link to watch it but stay tuned for interviews and pictures we will bringing from the place!