Tonight the participants of Eesti Laul 2017, the national selection of Estonia for Eurovision, have been revealed on “Ringvaade”. Some familiar faces in the mix again as you can see, here is the full list:
As they become available with live links to the songs on YouTube – just click on the artist or song title;
- Lenna Kuurmaa – “Slingshot” Author: Lenna Kuurmaa, Nicolas Rebscher, Michelle Leonard
- Rasmus Rändvee – “This Love” Autorid: Bert Prinkenfeld, Stewart James Brock, Ewert Sundja, Rasmus Rändvee
- Angeelia – “We Ride With Our Flow” Autorid: Angeelia Maasik, Andres Kõpper
- Elina Born – “In Or Out” Autorid: Stig Rästa, Vallo Kikas, Fred Krieger
- Leemet Onno – “Hurricane” Autorid: Leemet Onno, Ed Struijlaart
- Laura Prits – “Hey Kiddo” Autorid: Tara Nabi, Laura Prits, Andres Kõpper
- Daniel Levi – “All I Need” Autorid: Ago Teppand, Daniel Levi Viinalass
- Antsud – “Vihm” Autorid: Aile Alveus-Krautmann
- Ariadne – “Feel Me Now” Autorid: Margus Piik, Tomi Rahula, Anni Rahula
- Koit Toome ja Laura – “Verona” Autorid: Sven Lõhmus
- Kerli – “Spirit Animal” Autorid: Kerli Kõiv, Brian Ziff
- Suku Suviste – “Supernatural” Autorid: Oliver Mazurtšak, Uku Suviste
- Janno Remi & Kosmo “Valan Pisaraid” Autorid: Janno Reim
- Close to infinity feat Ian Karell – “Sounds Like Home” Autorid: Ian Robert Karell, Johannes Kanter, Sander Ulp, Tanel Kordemets
- Liis Lemsalu – “Keep Running” Autorid: Liis Lemsalu, Mihkel Mattisen, Gustaf Svenungsson, Magnus Wallin
- Alvistar Funk Assocation “Make Love, Not War” Autorid: Inga Kaare, Margus Alviste, Jürgen Urbanik
- Almost Natural – “Electric” Autorid: Amiran Gorgazjan, Anis Arumets, Noah McNamara, Willie Weeks
- Carl-Phillip – “Everything But You” Autorid: Carl-Philip Madis, Carola Madis, Arno Krabman, Jaap Reesema, Leon Paul Palmen
- Karl-Kristjan Whogaux feat Maian – “Have You Now” Autorid: Karl-Kristjan Kingi, Hugo Martin Maasikas, Maian Lomp
- Ivo Linna – “Surr Ioterii” Autorid: Rainer Michelson, Urmas Jaarman
Familiar faces there including Elina Born (2015) with another Stig Rästa song, Daniel Levi (2016), Lenna Kuurmaa from Estonian band Vanilla Ninja (Switzerland 2005), Rasmus Rändvee (2013), Laura (2016), Liis Lemsalu (2012) and Ivo Linna (1996).
Eesti Laul 2017 is set to take place on February 11th and 18th with the two semi finals, followed by the Grand Final on March 4th live from Saku Arena in Tallinn.
ERR received a total of 242 submissions for Eesti Laul 2017, which was a record for Estonia, showing that last year’s bad result has not deterred artists in Estonia from entering the selection. The last few days, a selected jury have been listening through the songs to decide these 20 semi finalists. of the songs that were sent in, Jury member Andres Carpenter, commented on the “large amount of electronic music such is the current trend of the music industry”. Estonia always do seem that they want to be more trendy than some at Eurovision. Last year’s entrant Kristel Aaslaid said that working through all the entries was “Exhausting”.
In 2016, Estonia sent Jüri Pootsmann with his song “Play” but failed to the Grand Final finishing in last place, 18th, with 24 points.
Tickets sales are set to sell fast now that the artists have been released, they went on sale already in May 2016, and just over 1000 tickets of the 5000 have already sold. Tickets are priced between 19 and 89 euros and can be found here.
Who are you most excited to see perform from this list? Who do you want to represent Estonia? Is there someone you think is missing from the list? Let us know in the comments below…
Source : ERR