The second semi-final of the Bulgarian national selection for Junior Eurovision 2016 has just come to an end revealing us the 5 candidates that will try to represent the last year’s host in Malta.
These are the acts have made it through the second semi-final in the order they qualified:
- Lidiya Ganeva – “Who’s Loving You” (Michael Jackson)
- Dimitrina Germanova – “Memory” (From “Cats”)
- Simona Krasteva – “Listen” (Beyoncé)
- Group Bon-Bon – “If Love Was a Crime” (Poli Genova)
- Preslava Petrova – “I Have Nothing” (Whitney Houston)
The non-qualifiers were:
- Gergana Todorova – “Fighter” (Cristina Aguilera)
- Eleonora Dimitrova – “I Will Always Love You” (Whitney Houston)
- Valentina Kuncheva – “Stone Gold” (Demi Lobato)
- Nia Krusheva – “Hallelujah” (Alexandra Burke)
- Valentina Nikova – “Little Secret” (Nikki Janovsky)
- Eleonora Ivanova – “I’d Rather Go Blind” (Beyoncé)
This time, the participants performed songs in free-choice language with a professional jury panel fully deciding the 5 candidates that will compete at the Bulgarian final. Interesting to note that both semi-finals have been won by Lidiya Ganeva.
You can re-watch the show below:
The final show will be held on Saturday, 11th of June, live from Sofia where the winner and Bulgarian representative for Junior Eurovision 2016 will be decided by a 50-50 mix of professional jury and televoting.
Keep in mind that the show will only reveal the Bulgarian representative as the song will be composed by the winner alongside professional composers selected by BNT. The song presentation will take place on a TV show by the end of September.